region-pre-box area missing after upgrade and domain name change

region-pre-box area missing after upgrade and domain name change

by patrick caswell -
Number of replies: 1

Hello just ran a Moodle upgrade from 2.6.2 to 2.6.5 and then a domain name change and started noticing that on the main page I could no longer see the blue under block square (located in the left or pre-box area), when a block is docked the square comes back and pushes all left content to the middle of the page.

I confirmed with multiple users and took a look at the elements and found that instead of this (note the present regions of main pre and post):

<div id=​"page-content">​

<div id=​"region-pre-box">​

<div id=​"region-main-box">​

<div id=​"region-main">​...​</div>​

<div id=​"region-pre" class=​"block-region">​

​                                     <div id=​"region-post" class=​"block-region">​...​</div>​

</div>​

</div>​

</div>​

I was seeing this on my frontpage:

<div id=​"page-content">​

<div id=​"region-main-box">​

<div id=​"region-main">​...​</div>​

​                                     <div id=​"region-post" class=​"block-region">​...​</div>​

</div>​

</div>​

</div>​

Which results in  all content shifting right when an item is docked.

So question is where did my pre region go?  I do not believe this was due to the upgrade but more likely the database dump, I did not have any issues with find and replace on my database and as I am missing a whole region I am not sure where to begin.   

Attachment 2.png
Attachment 3.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to patrick caswell

Re: region-pre-box area region-pre-box shifting on dock and pushing mainbox away

by patrick caswell -

Ok so after digging into it a bit more what is actually happening is that the regions are not able to overlap.

Usually the main region sits on top of the over all pre-box region but what is happening is that first the pre-box is loading to the left to avoid the main region and then when the dock occurs the pre-box says "well I need to get to the right of you and pushes the main region to the right because they are refusing to occupy the same space.

Note again that this only occurs on the front page, all of the other pages do not show this behavior.

I would re-title this post: 

"region-pre-box area region-pre-box shifting on dock and pushing mainbox away"

if i could.

Attachment 1.png
Attachment 4.png