Interesting, Martin, I had a look at this new version and thought, should be able to handle any digital content, not just NLN.....
Dear Helen, thanks very much for this. Really impressive.
Actually, I am also incredibly impressed - I had a dream once about having a repository for NLN and a single button that would put the package into moodle, but it was way beyond me. I got as far as a couple of scripts to allow people to choose nln files from categories, to download
to disk, to upload
Observation - I tried quantum phenomena
and there is a little part of it which worked in moodle 1.4 in a popup, but doesn't work in 1.5 (popup not an option, though I understand it returns in 1.6). Passed with flying colours here!
1) Does it effectively use your own player?
2) Does it create an index page like the nln indexing tool?
3) I won't ask about tracking, but I got an error about api implementation when I tried a quiz question - are you aware of this?
4) Does the repository have to be on the same server
as the moodle installation?
5) Do you have a script for unzipping and creating folders for a large number of packages? We've got pretty much the whole set here.
6) Have you shown this to the NLN team?
And finally, obviously, can I try it? Please.
All the best, Andy D