HP interface text size issue

HP interface text size issue

by Chip Wiegand -
Number of replies: 3
While entering text into a HP cloze quiz I must have have pressing a key, which one I don't know, and I scrolled the mouse button, and the text size in the editor window suddenly increased. I am so far unable to replicate what happened. So I went to the menu Options/Font and changed the font size, but had to enter "6" to get a reasonable size in the editor. But then the font size in the menu Options/Configure Output, in the text boxes, is so small it is unreadable. So, I then reset the font size to 8, so it is fine in the options menus, but now the font is large again in the editor window.

Apparently there is some way to change the editor font size separate from the menu font size, so how do I do this to fix this situation?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chip Wiegand

Re: HP interface text size issue

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Apart from Options -> Font, which you have already discovered, I am not aware of any HP control that could produce the effect you describe, so I guess that the odd text size is caused by your operating system settings. Maybe the Windows Magnifier kicked in when you presssed Windows key and "+" key ?

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Chip Wiegand -

Thanks for the suggestions, as it turns out, well, first - I can't do the windows-key/+ key combo without using the shift to get the +, I'm using a spanish keyboard laptop with the keyboard setting for US English, makes finding certain characters a bit more of a challenge.

At any rate, I closed and restarted jcloze and the text size problem fixed itself. I guess we'll never know what actually happened to cause it.

Regards,

Chip

In reply to Chip Wiegand

by Stan Bogdanov -

Hi Chip,

Increase/decrease of interface text is caused by pressing and holding the left mouse button AND scrolling the mouse wheel at the same time.

This happens on a laptop as well ...

Cheers

Stan

Average of ratings: Useful (1)