Dataform Advanced Filter / Search

Dataform Advanced Filter / Search

by Roy Bentley -
Number of replies: 3

I have set up a dataform for progress reporting at school. The fields are: First Name; Last Name, House Group; Subject; Class; Present Grade; Target Grade; Actions to take etc etc. Once pupils have entered their data, I need teachers to be able to search all records for a combination of criteria (as in a Boolean search), as opposed the one quick filter.

For instance, I would like to create a view which allows a head of house to pull out all the pupils in the school who are in his/her house-group, and within that range, select all pupils taking the subject 'chemistry', and within that, all pupils with a specific target grade. My problem is that I cannot work out how to set up appropriate sort / search combinations.  if you could help me with this hypothetical example, I could apply the knowledge to other combinations of criteria.

Something which equates to a boolean search would be great.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Roy Bentley

Re: Dataform Advanced Filter / Search

by Itamar Tzadok -
In reply to Itamar Tzadok

by Roy Bentley -

I am finding this documentation very useful and have now created a filter which will pull out all of the geography reports and then allow me to search within that selection for a particular pupil name or class group. I will try more search / filter scenarios now!

I also want to use the Dataform pdf add-on from GIT Hub, as staff will want to print out the records they filter out. I have your zip file but there is a warning in Moodle which says "Some ZIP packages, such as those generated by Github, may contain an incorrect root directory name. If so, the correct name may be entered here." Would this be a problem for me?  if so, what would I need to change?

Thank you for your amazing work.

In reply to Roy Bentley

by Itamar Tzadok -

The target folder of the pdf view type is mod/dataform/view/pdf. After you extract the zip under mod/dataform/view, you will see a folder named 'moodle-dataformview_pdf-master' and you need to change the folder name to 'pdf'. hth smile

Average of ratings: Useful (1)