I am looking for advice on the best method for organising courses so that clients in different groups taking the same courses are kept separate. It is very important that they are kept separate as they are often competing customers with each other.
I have outlined below what I am thinking. If anyone can see any pitfalls or knows of a better way of doing it, please tell me. This is all hypothetical for me so I really appreciate any advice.
- We will be bulk uploading users with a .csv file and using the Cohort Sync plug-in to enroll them in all of the applicable courses.
- Some courses will be customer specific and some will be generic shared by multiple customers.
- Some content in a generic course may be customer specific and has to be kept hidden from other customers.
- Customers will be joining the courses at different times throughout the year so there will be no defined enrollment period
I have thought of two methods.
- All customers enrolled in the same generic course
- Customers are kept separate in hidden groups
- Groupings are used to keep customer specific content hidden from other customers
- There is a room for error
- Difficult to edit a quiz once it is open or have a quiz with customer specific questions
- Difficult to create a role where a Group teacher can view grades of everyone in their group but have absolutely no access to any user information from users in different groups
- Could potentially have 10 plus groups in a singe course
- All customer courses generic and specific are organised into customer categories
- A new instance of a generic courses is created for each category
- So as not to have multiple copies of the same training content, training content is not uploading into each individual course but is kept in a a file repository (shortcut/alias is used to link to each file so one file could be used in multiple courses)
- More administrative time setting up a new instance of a generic course every time there is a new customer
- Potentially have 10 plus versions of the same course