Any definitive fix for the "No Body" HTML editor issue?

Any definitive fix for the "No Body" HTML editor issue?

by Grant Swaim -
Number of replies: 3

Moodler,

I just started will Moodle about a month ago. I installed 1.5 and all has been well. Just recently I started experiencing the problem of the HTML editor opening up without a place to enter text. I can usually work around it by clicking on the enlarge button or opening and closing a browser, but I do want my users to have to deal with this if at all possible.

There are several posts in this forum that discuss this issue, some going back to May of 2004. I have read all the posts and it is not clear to me if all the tweaks talked about is going to fix this or not. Since I did a fresh install of 1.5 about a month ago I would assume it included these tweaks.

Is there an update on this? Is there a definitive fix for this problem or anything I could try?

Thanks in advance!

Grant

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Grant Swaim

Re: Any definitive fix for the "No Body" HTML editor issue?

by Robert Barone -

Having the same problem and it's nearly impossible to use the Forum, for example, there's just no place for students to write.

JUST discovered something. When I go to check my "Editor's settings" in Administration, the page is not found. I must be missing a file. Does anyone know which one it is?

In reply to Robert Barone

by Robert Barone -

Just an update. For some reason my installation package didn't have the "editor.php" file. I don't upload files individually so I can't explain why it was missing.

For the no html editor problem, I activated and deactivated the function a few times in the editor's settings panel in administration/configuration, and now it works.

Similar things have happened to me before. Some functions need to be cajoled into working.

In reply to Robert Barone

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Most likely a server configuration issue or a browser issue then ... probably related to caching.