Re: Gradebook QA course feedback

Re: Outcomes -- two Gradebook improvement suggestions: add dates to items in header row, and related activity to outcomes

by Clay Burell -
Number of replies: 0

This actually applies to all items in gradebook: 1) including the date of the graded items; and 2) including the name of the item related to the outcomes--would both be a major help to teachers.

As things stand, when I manually re-arrange outcomes in my custom-added "Outcomes" section in gradebook, I see no information of which activity the outcome is connected to, nor what date that outcome as assessed. This makes it easy to mistakenly put a later outcome mark before an earlier one, and thereby distort the longitudinal progress data sought by this arrangement.

Nor does the gradebook, even when arranged correctly, tell me the time interval between assessments of an item. This is a valuable piece of data for assessing my teaching and my students' progress.

The simple inclusion of these two fields--related activity and date of activity/outcome--would greatly improve useability. 

(And to repeat my two most important suggestions:

1. drag-and-drop rearrangement in "categories and items" view, and

2. default "send outcomes to Outcomes category, earlier to later" option when attaching outcomes to activities. They do less good listed after the related graded item. (The drag-and-drop re-arrangement would possibly make this request unnecessary, by the way.)

Appreciate all the work going on for 2.8.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)