General help

Moodle introduction in Company - Webworld Experts, India

Picture of William Levine
Moodle introduction in Company - Webworld Experts, India

We're planning to introduce Moodle in our organization called Webworld Experts in India. I've been assigned to find out different ways of having it implemented within our system.

However, my limited knowledge and a bit of search on Google explains that this is more suitable as a Learning program. So, is this something that can be utilized in a software development company also?

Please suggest.

Average of ratings: -
Just wondering . . .
Re: Moodle introduction in Company - Webworld Experts, India
Particularly helpful Moodlers

This is an interesting question William.

It depends: what do you want to do?

Once we know this we may be able to help.

-Derek

Picture of Usman Asar
Plugin developers
William, You're right saying its LMS, but just as blogging engine evolved into static sites with time, can Moodle be used as a website? Of course yes. Will be best suited if you're doing training within your company as well,

But using moodle just to give company introduction, and services you provide, portfolio etc...then NO, as its will be over kill for a server for small output of company introductions.

May be you've taken it just like Github is, where developers working on a project  can update their piece of code and collaborate over it, then Moodle is not the thing you've been expecting.

Picture of Mathieu Pelletier

I would echo Derek's comments above- What is your use case?  What do you intend to do with it aside from establishing a web presence?  There are some specific Moodle modules that are well suited outside the education sector, such as the forum module.  There are others, but knowing your exact use case would help us to give you a better idea of whether it will meet your needs or if it is overkill.

As Usman has stated, if you ONLY intend to use it to publish a static website, then it will be overkill.  I am a big fan of simplicity and choosing the right tool for the job, so if you will not use some of the advanced user features and modules, you would be better off using something like Drupal or Wordpress, or better yet, an HTML5 website built off of a template.

What functions will your website provide to your customers/users aside from a place to merely consume content?