SCORM - Change default Player to Flow Player

SCORM - Change default Player to Flow Player

by Priyavadan Vaghasia -
Number of replies: 3

Hello,

I have been trying this since while, but now it is worth to ask rather continue my self.

I'm using Moodle 2.7. We would like to replace default player with flowplayer. As per the documentation and my understanding it is feasible. Can any one help me to understand steps do to the same. 

If there any documentation available online?

Thanks 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Priyavadan Vaghasia

Re: SCORM - Change default Player to Flow Player

by Matteo Scaramuccia -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Priyavadan,
what documentation you're referring to in your feasibility study?

SCORM module uses its own player to implement the SCORM specs while Flow Player is a multimedia player with no SCORM capabilities.
Moodle uses Flow Player to automagically embed media in the text content created within Moodle e.g. Forum posts, Lessons, ..., when the Multimedia plugin is enabled.
Supposing that you want to include Flow Player in your own SCORM content here is the relevant documentation: https://flowplayer.org/docs/setup.html.

In the past (1.9), Moodle was able to activate its filter plugins' chain even in the SCORM content but it was mostly an hack before being production proof: SCORM contents are not simply plain HTML pages since ages.
Starting from 2.0, this hacky feature has been wisely removed.

HTH,
Matteo

In reply to Matteo Scaramuccia

by Priyavadan Vaghasia -

Thanks Matteo,

We would like to change SCORM player.

Any other feasibility to change SCORM Player- style, template etc...

If yes then could you please give steps of documents for the same.

In reply to Priyavadan Vaghasia

by Matteo Scaramuccia -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Here are the generic theme guide lines: https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Creating_a_theme.

Theming the SCORM player is a complex argument discussed in several threads here in the Community and in the Tracker: try start reading at MDL-47500 where the goal is to solve some issues with Articulate Storyline contents.
Unfortunately there are no clear solutions but some food for thoughts

HTH,
Matteo