Lesson 2.7 part 2

Lesson 2.7 part 2

Allida Branton - દ્વારા
Number of replies: 2

What is the option Number of attempts tied to?  What makes it tell you that there are so many attempts left (if you set the number of attempts to 5?)  Is it only active for questions that are graded?  Do most of the settings in Lesson depend on the the questions being graded?

Thanks,  Allida

In reply to Allida Branton

Re: Lesson 2.7 part 2

Joseph Rézeau - દ્વારા
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

For your first question, see my answer in your other post on the same topic.

Is [the "Maximum Number of attempts"] option only active for questions that are graded? 

Yes, of course. Well, it depends what you call "graded". Graded questions are ALL questions except Essay. Non-graded questions are called Content pages. And this notion of graded/ungraded has nothing to do with the Practice lesson setting.

"Do most of the settings in Lesson depend on the questions being graded?"

It depends what you call "most settings" and what you call "graded" (see above).

Sorry if my answers do not sound satisfying, but again the Lesson activity settings are quite complicated to manage, the behaviour of the Lesson can be difficult to understand and the interface needs a serious re-vamping.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: Lesson 2.7 part 2

Allida Branton - દ્વારા

Joseph, again thanks for the reply and your patience.  As you keep telling me, the Lesson option is very complicated.

In the Lesson settings there is an option called "Grade".  I have chosen None for this option.  That is what I meant by graded or not graded.  None of the questions in my lessons will be graded.  they are for self assessment only.

So if I continue to choose - Grade = None and then if I choose Practice Lesson = No, will this lesson display in the grade book but with no grades due to my choice of None for the Grade option?

Thanks,   Allida