Moodle 2.71 and 2.72 ( nowupgraded)
I would really appreciate some help because I'm stuck.
I'm trying to get moodle to send out email messages to course teachers when a student makes an assignment submission. Messages are sent out to students when they make a submission, so the system is capable - but it's not doing it.
So far, I have ....
1) Learnt how to do manual cron jobs using http://www.teachenglish.co.uk/students/admin/cron.php?password=secretpassword
They report running okay. I'm working on getting it to run automatically with my host.
2) Site Administration > Plugins > Activity Modules > Assignments > Assignment Settings > Notify Graders about Submissions [CHECK]
3) Checked that the teacher has a valid email and that they're not going into spam.
4) Checked Settings > My profile > Messaging .... has Email selected for Assignment Notifications.
Is there anything I have missed?
5) The course assigned Teacher has course editing abilities. (i.e. is not a non-editing teacher). I saw it mentioned elsewhere that this is a possible cure.
We're experiencing the same challenge concerning assignment notifications not working after upgrading from 2.4 to 2.7. Did you find a solution?
Has the teacher tried a different email address (just in case that one is blocking the messages) perhaps outside the institution's email system (e.g. a gmail address)?
Does the teacher get notifications when quizzes are submitted or posts are made to forums?
Is it a custom role or the default 'teacher' role?
Does the teacher have more than one role in the course?
Just some things to help narrow down the issue.
I've also experience this problem and followed the series of steps done by Nick. This is really important to avoid missing assignment submission. Has anyone found a fix? Many thanks.
Not sure if you have tried this or not, but if your students are in groups at all, then the teacher/grader must also be a member of the group to receive a notification email in the assignment module. Maybe this will be your solution.