Moodle 2.7.2+ Foruns stopped sending email with no reasonable explanation

Moodle 2.7.2+ Foruns stopped sending email with no reasonable explanation

by Ana Graça Filipe -
Number of replies: 5

Hello,

After about 2 months of Moodle 2.7.2+ instalation and operation, the news fóruns stopped send email to course participants. The instant messagens are sent as usual.

No alterations were made to moodle server or configuration (only corrected the Linux shell bug recently discovered, don't know if it's a coincidence)

No errors on email logs are registered... 

Some help would be very apreciated!

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ana Graça Filipe

Re: Moodle 2.7.2+ Foruns stopped sending email with no reasonable explanation

by Ana Graça Filipe -
My problem persists ... 

The cron is properly set at crontab...  tested and the server sends email (using php mail() funtion). The instant messages are delivered... only fórum messages aren't sent... 

The site Administration -> notifications says:

Any directions would be very apreciated!

Thanks in advance!

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Are you sure you are testing the correct cron file? - the screenshot clearly says that it hasn't run for over 24 hours, whether automatically, manually, or as a result of whatever test you are running. It would appear that whatever your cron job is calling, its not the moodle admin/cron.php and that would probably be why the forum email notifications are not being sent out.

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Ana Graça Filipe -
Hello Richard,

I'm sure the proper cron is running... I heven run the cron by admin web interface (moodle_instaltion/admin/cron.php) and no forun messages are sent! 

i've runned cron at the command line (php -f /moodle_file_system/adim/cli/cron.php) and no forun mails... and this messagem from Moodle continues to appear! 

(running in the moodle site and at the command line I allways get no erros - i allways get the nomal cron message:

Cron script completed correctly

Cron completed at 18:44:02. Memory used 31.1Mb.

Execution took 0.756609 seconds

)

I really, really don't know what to do... 

thanks!

by David Zeitler -

Did you ever find a resolution to this problem? I have a similar situation right now with 2.7.3+. I've verified the cron task is running fine, but messages are not getting sent out from the server.

In reply to David Zeitler

by Marc McLain -

We are also having this issue. No emails are being sent out. (Forgot Password, Forums, etc).

Anyone have any idea why this could be happening?

Thanks