[RESOLVED] Course summaries not showing on front page for logged in unenrolled students

[RESOLVED] Course summaries not showing on front page for logged in unenrolled students

by Vic Jenkins -
Number of replies: 2

Can anyone help with this puzzle?

We have our front page set to show a list of courses (whether users are logged in or not).

If not logged in, the list displays just fine - with course name and summary both showing. But once you log in, this seems to change if you're not enrolled as a student on a course (see attached pics).

• Logged in and enrolled still see the correct display - course name and summary
  • Logged in an not enrolled only see the course names and not the summaries - to view this they have to click on a blue information button and it pops up in a new window.

I think we're on 2.2

We've tried changing the theme, making a front page default user, looking at permissions but haven't found why this is happening yet.

Can anyone suggest what we need to do to fix this discrepancy?

Many thanks for any help you can offer!

Vic

(Edited by Gareth J Barnard - original submission Tuesday, 14 October 2014, 11:54 AM) - added [RESOLVED] to subject.

Attachment front page logged in user enrolled on courses as student.JPG
Attachment front page logged in user not enrolled on courses.JPG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Vic Jenkins

Re: Course summaries not showing on front page for logged in unenrolled students

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello there. Perhaps the FAQ Some of my courses have the course summaries showing but some only have an information icon. Why? might help you. I am linking to the 2.2 documentation as you say that is your version: https://docs.moodle.org/22/en/Course_FAQ

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Course summaries not showing on front page for logged in unenrolled students

by Vic Jenkins -

That's perfect!  It did the trick... many thanks!

Vic