Help needed with Moodle 2.8 QA testing

Help needed with Moodle 2.8 QA testing

by Helen Foster -
Number of replies: 35
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Moodle 2.8 is due for release in four weeks from now, so it's time to run another Quality Assurance (QA) testing cycle, starting today: Moodle 2.8 QA. The list of over 400 tests includes tests covering new features and improvements in Moodle 2.8.

If you'd like to have a play with Moodle 2.8 on our QA testing site and at the same time help with QA testing, please read the QA testing guide and send me a message if you'd like to be added to the testers group in the Moodle tracker. New testers are always welcome. smile

We're aiming for a 100% pass rate of QA tests within the next three weeks, so all help is much appreciated!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Help needed with Moodle 2.8 QA testing

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello,

I'll try to take some time to do some tests, but i'm not sure to have a lot of time for that.

Séverin

In reply to Helen Foster

by ben reynolds -

I'll what I can do today. Some nice improvements on the list.

In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Add to Testers

by Yash Barot -

Hello,

Please add me into testers group. 

In reply to Yash Barot

Re: Moodle 2.8 QA testing - 59 tests passed so far

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Thanks to everyone for offering to help with Moodle 2.8 QA testing. Yash and all of you who have contacted me via messaging, I've added you to the testers group in the tracker.

We've made a great start to the 2.8 cycle according to the QA testing dashboard, with 59 tests (13%) passed in less than 24 hours! smile

In reply to Helen Foster

by Neha Ranjan -

Hello,

I would also like to get added in the tester group.

In reply to Helen Foster

by ben reynolds -

Helen,

"Nobody" is tests assigned to nobody. But, so, who is "other"?

In reply to ben reynolds

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

"Other" is other people assigned to less than 9 issues. If you click on the Maximize icon of the stats pie you will see the full list with the names of those "other" people. They are the "minor testers", I am in that list.blush

Joseph

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Helen Foster

by Jean-Marc Doucet -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

+1 Yes

In reply to Jean-Marc Doucet

by mohammad maturie -
 mohammad.m7291@yahoo.comسلام لطفا کسی هست که به من در رابطه با نصب مودل کمک کنه  خیلی حیاتیه.ادرس ایمیل من 

I cant install moodle  well ,can you help me to install it step to step please  icant seapk or read well.this is my e mail address . mohammad.m7291@yahoo.com

mohammad.m7291@yahoo.com.انا ما اقدر علی نصب المودل لو بیکم عونونی  فعونونی انا ما اقدرعلی انگلیسی کامل هذه ی ایمیل  مالی 

In reply to Helen Foster

by behzad pajoomand rad -

hi

i can spare some time to QA tests.

best regards

In reply to behzad pajoomand rad

Re: Moodle 2.8 QA testing - 34% passed in two days

by Helen Foster -

Thanks Behzad and Neha, you're included in the testers group too now.

Thanks also to all of our experienced testers who are helping with this QA cycle. According to the QA testing dashboard, we're now up to 154 tests (34%) passed in just two days. Great work everyone! smile

In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Moodle 2.8 QA testing - 34% passed in two days

by Stefan Rudin -

Hi Helene

Can you add me to the tester sgroup also?

Thank you.

Stefan Rudin

In reply to Helen Foster

by Mesfin Teshome -
I would also like to spare sometime and help. Please add me to the testers group.
In reply to Helen Foster

by Raúl Martínez Álvarez -

I'll gladly help.

In reply to Raúl Martínez Álvarez

Re: Moodle 2.8 QA testing - over 50% passed in only four days

by Helen Foster -

Thanks Stefan, Mesfin, Raúl and everyone else who has contacted me. You're all included in the testers group.

Four days in and we're now up to 264 issues (59%) passed. Please keep up the good work everyone! smile

Just noting that we'll be adding a few more QA tests to the cycle soon, covering new 2.8 features which have been added at the last minute.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Paul Raper -

Dear Helen,

Please add me to the Moodle testers list.

Regards,

Paul

In reply to Helen Foster

by Clay Burell -

Never done it before, but on Fall Break and have time to help. Add me?

In reply to Clay Burell

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Clay,

To someone with a very basic knowledge of (British) English, "on Fall Break" sounds as if you fell and broke something (e.g. a leg), so that now you have to stay at home and have plenty time on your hands for testing Moodle.wink

Enjoy your Autumn holidays, and happy Moodle testing,

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Being a British English speaker,  I use Autumn and avoid the use of "Fall". However, the one time when I find it really valuable is in the phrase Spring Forward, Fall  back as I can never remember the way the clocks go twice a year, and this does helpsmile

OK - back to QA testing now!

Average of ratings: Useful (5)
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Clay Burell -

Man, oh man, is this Yank learning his Queen's English today or what? A few hours ago, I learned K-12 was Greek, and Mary taught me KS3 and KS4, etc. Now it's Autumn instead of Fall. tongueout

I'll be speaking all proper and stuff in no time, like, you know? I mean, yeah.

In reply to Clay Burell

by ben reynolds -

Mary teaches us all. And we like it.

-- Mr. Baltimore, MD, USA

In reply to Clay Burell

Re: Moodle 2.8 QA testing - 83% passed in first week

by Helen Foster -

Thanks Yousuf, Paul, Clay and others who have messaged me. You're all included in the testers group. The more the merrier. smile

According to the QA testing dashboard, we're now up to 373 issues (83%) passed in our first week. We're aiming for a 100% pass rate within the next two weeks. The tests left until last always take the longest time!

In reply to Helen Foster

by ben reynolds -

What cheerful news to see this morning. Helen, pom poms are on order for our cheerleader.

Moodle colored pom poms

In reply to Helen Foster

by Martha Gold -

Hi Helen,

I would like to be included in the testers group as well.

-Martha

In reply to Martha Gold

Re: Moodle 2.8 QA testing - 91% passed after 10 days

by Helen Foster -

Thanks Martha and others who have messaged me. You're all included in the testers group.

We're now up to 410 issues (91%) passed after 10 days testing. Great work everyone and special thanks to those of you who have been running lots of tests. smile

If you've not yet tried running a test and would like to explore a new feature in Moodle 2.8, scroll to the bottom of MDLQA-7170 where you'll find a few new tests.

PS Thanks Ben for the pom poms!

In reply to Helen Foster

by Akbar Ilham -
Hello helen, can i join in tester group?

Thanks smile

In reply to Helen Foster

by jasper boyd -

Hello Helen, could you add me to the testers group as well?

Thanks,

Jasper

In reply to Helen Foster

by Rajesh Taneja -

Thanks everyone for all the help. 

All (452) QA issues passed smile

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Rajesh Taneja

by Dan Poltawski -

Hello Everyone,

I've come along and spoilt the 100% passed party. I'm sorry - i'll bring presents to the next one..

I've just integrated some improvements to the quiz editing pages (MDL-47368) and we'd appreciate some extra testing with this new change. It means that the rearranging of questions and other edit operations works without page reloads and generally is the last remaining piece of the wider quiz editing improvements in 2.8.

There are ~10 quiz related QA tests which are available for testing again.

thanks!

In reply to Dan Poltawski

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

It seems everything as been tested again, and closed smile

In reply to Séverin Terrier

Re: Moodle 2.8 QA testing complete!

by Helen Foster -

You are right Séverin - the last of the quiz-related QA tests that Dan reset was run and passed today. Thus, assuming no more tests are reset, our 2.8 QA testing is now complete. Many thanks again to everyone who helped.