Non-checked but correct answers maked "Not complete"

Non-checked but correct answers maked "Not complete"

Napisane przez: Joseph Rézeau ()
Liczba odpowiedzi: 4
Obraz Core developers Obraz Particularly helpful Moodlers Obraz Plugin developers Obraz Testers Obraz Translators

Using Moodle 2.7. Quiz consisting of 1 MCQ question per page.

Questions behaviour: Adaptive.

If student selects the correct answer to an MCQ question and clicks the "Next" button to move to the next question/page without clicking the Check button, the Status of those questions is marked as "Not complete". Which I find rather strange.

Joseph

W odpowiedzi na Joseph Rézeau

Re: Non-checked but correct answers maked "Not complete"

Napisane przez: Tim Hunt ()
Obraz Core developers Obraz Documentation writers Obraz Particularly helpful Moodlers Obraz Peer reviewers Obraz Plugin developers

I think this is consistent with how Adaptive mode is supposed to work. During the attempt, we want students to interact with each question until they have got it right. If the student leaves the question before then, we want them to go back and keep trying. Hence 'Not complete' is the right status to show, particularly on the summary page.

W odpowiedzi na Tim Hunt

Re: Non-checked but correct answers maked "Not complete"

Obraz Core developers Obraz Particularly helpful Moodlers Obraz Plugin developers Obraz Testers Obraz Translators

Tim "If the student leaves the question before then, we want them to go back and keep trying."

I do agree with the "consistency" argument. However, I maintain that the "get status" function should be smart enough to mark a question as "Correct" once it has been answered correctly, whether the student has "checked" its correctness or not.

As things are at the moment, we have the strange situation where a question can be in a dual state of "Not complete" and "Correct"... like Schrödinger's cat.zamyślony

Joseph

Re: Non-checked but correct answers marked "Not complete"

Oops, discussion Subject title should read "Non-checked but correct answers marked "Not complete"", of course.

Re: Non-checked but correct answers marked "Not complete"

Napisane przez: Tim Hunt ()
Obraz Core developers Obraz Documentation writers Obraz Particularly helpful Moodlers Obraz Peer reviewers Obraz Plugin developers

Ah, I now see why you are confused. The fact that it displays any feedback before the students clicks check is MDL-35325. We really outght to try to get that fix finished and integrated.