Non-checked but correct answers maked "Not complete"

Non-checked but correct answers maked "Not complete"

by Joseph Rézeau -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Using Moodle 2.7. Quiz consisting of 1 MCQ question per page.

Questions behaviour: Adaptive.

If student selects the correct answer to an MCQ question and clicks the "Next" button to move to the next question/page without clicking the Check button, the Status of those questions is marked as "Not complete". Which I find rather strange.

Joseph

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: Non-checked but correct answers maked "Not complete"

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I think this is consistent with how Adaptive mode is supposed to work. During the attempt, we want students to interact with each question until they have got it right. If the student leaves the question before then, we want them to go back and keep trying. Hence 'Not complete' is the right status to show, particularly on the summary page.

In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Non-checked but correct answers maked "Not complete"

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Tim "If the student leaves the question before then, we want them to go back and keep trying."

I do agree with the "consistency" argument. However, I maintain that the "get status" function should be smart enough to mark a question as "Correct" once it has been answered correctly, whether the student has "checked" its correctness or not.

As things are at the moment, we have the strange situation where a question can be in a dual state of "Not complete" and "Correct"... like Schrödinger's cat.thoughtful

Joseph

Re: Non-checked but correct answers marked "Not complete"

by Joseph Rézeau -

Oops, discussion Subject title should read "Non-checked but correct answers marked "Not complete"", of course.

Re: Non-checked but correct answers marked "Not complete"

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Ah, I now see why you are confused. The fact that it displays any feedback before the students clicks check is MDL-35325. We really outght to try to get that fix finished and integrated.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)