(2.7.2) Inconsistent recorder activation--possible causes?

(2.7.2) Inconsistent recorder activation--possible causes?

by Clay Burell -
Number of replies: 3

Hi All,

It's one of those "the car has a problem until I take it to the mechanic, and then it works fine" problems.

What I mean is, when I play with PoodLL Anywhere plugin--TInyMCE or Atto version (2.7.2, Firefox, Macbook Air, latest Java)--it usually works.

But sometimes--usually, as luck would have it, when I'm demonstrating it to teachers or uppity-ups--the "allow to use my webcam/microphone" button doesn't respond to clicks, and I'm left with egg on my face.

My question: Is this a PoodLL thing, or a school network settings thing? I think I recall it working at school on many occasions, and if so, that would seem to eliminate the school network explanation.

In any case, any input appreciated.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Clay Burell

Re: (2.7.2) Inconsistent recorder activation--possible causes?

by Hilary Caws-Elwitt -

We've encountered this. If it's the same issue, it's actually not a PoodLL problem at all, but rather a bug in Flash player for Mac. The fix is adding the site URL to "Always allow" in the Adobe Flash Player privacy settings. That bypasses needing to click to allow ever. See if that works for you!

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Hilary Caws-Elwitt

by Clay Burell -

Changed the settings (others, it's in System Preferences > Flash Player > Camera and Mic > Camera and Microphone Settings by Site....) and fingers crossed.

Thanks so much, Hilary, for the kindness and trouble. smile

In reply to Clay Burell

by Justin Hunt -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Yes that the "solution." 

The unclickable permissions dialog is not limited to macs it seems, it regularly occurs on the desktop linux versions I have tried too.