The problem of Display of Course Completion

The problem of Display of Course Completion

per Эдуард Галиаскаров,
Number of replies: 8

Hi colleagues. 

I faced the problem of displaying the course completion. 

In this case, I see that students are marked as completed the course in July 2014 (green frame), and later do not (red box) although all the necessary activities are performed (see attached). 

I remember I  was going on next update in July or August. Current version 2.6.4+ (Build: 20140807). 

Can someone help me?

Attachment fig1.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Эдуард Галиаскаров

Re: The problem of Display of Course Completion

per Gareth J Barnard,
Avatar Core developers Avatar Particularly helpful Moodlers Avatar Plugin developers

Hi Эдуард,

In the red frame there appears to be two activities that are not completed?  You say the students have completed them but this is not showing up?  Has the cron job run?  When you log in as the student, does it show for them that the activities are complete in the course?

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

per Эдуард Галиаскаров,
Hi Gareth,

>In the red frame there appears to be two activities that are not completed?

No, no. There are the grade column and the course completion column. The fact is the student from the red frame has the activities finished as the student from the green frame.

My course has the condition driven structure: you can get access to the next part after you get the need grade. So the student from the red frame passed all activites (three tests and one exam plus get the certificate).

What is wonder I just noticed that the hint on checkbox from the red frame is without date and time (see attached). Before August it is after it is not!!!

Have idea why?

Edward.

Attachment prim.png

per Gareth J Barnard,
Avatar Core developers Avatar Particularly helpful Moodlers Avatar Plugin developers

Hi Edward,

To be honest I do not know so much about course completion in Moodle, however it would seem to me that if the date is not showing up, then perhaps the activity was completed after the due date and was allowed to, but the completion code perhaps did not take this into account?

From the student's perspective, has the course been completed?  If so, is this just a reporting issue?

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

per Эдуард Галиаскаров,

Hi Gareth,

There is no any limitation. My course doesn't monitor the due date. It is absent simple. These settings works more then 1,5 year and suddenly were changed in August after the next update I think.

Yes perhaps you are right. This is just a reporting issue. BTW it is a issue for Course Completion Report but is not for Activity Completion Report.

Edward.

per Robert Brenstein,
In reply to Robert Brenstein

per Эдуард Галиаскаров,

Thanx, Robert.

But I am affraid this is not what I need. I dont use a time limitation. My course is not in a SCORM format.

This doesnt bring me any problem beside  unexpected work of Course Completion Report.

per Emma Richardson,
Avatar Documentation writers Avatar Particularly helpful Moodlers Avatar Plugin developers
I am having the same issue in Moodle 2.7.  Some students are just not showing as completed when they have in fact completed the activity.  Resaving the grade for the specific assignments updates the completion setting (which is set to be completed upon receiving a grade) but I am wondering why it does not affect it on the original save.

Could it be something in the way the teacher is grading the assignment?  Or is it a database issue?
In reply to Emma Richardson

per David Manning,

Emma, we face this same issue in Moodle 2.5.5+. Issue exists with both SCORM packages and Lesson activities. I hope someone else has more information to share.