Unable to View or Print Certificates for some users

Unable to View or Print Certificates for some users

by Big Plan -
Number of replies: 3

Good day,

I have a perplexing problem I need assistance with.  Forgive me, but I'm completely new to Moodle.

I've been given the task of taking over a Moodle install.  Version 2.2.4.

It's on Windows Server 2003.

We have an issue where certificates won't seem to work for at least some users.

When the certificate is selected in the course list, the browser just spins for several minutes and eventually displays a blank screen.  Nothing shows up.

Can someone help me trouble shoot this.  It's very frustrating.

Thank you,

Carl

Attachment moodle_screen_capture.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Big Plan

Re: Unable to View or Print Certificates for some users

by Gary Lyon -

Can you tell us what browsers are being used and their versions for both those that have problems and those that don't? Also, is Java and Flash Player installed and up-to-date?

In reply to Gary Lyon

by Big Plan -

Thank you Gary for the reply.

Here's the information - 

All the browsers have issues.

Firefox 32.0.3

Chrome Version 37.0.2062.124

IE  11.0.9600.17280

Windows Server 2003

IIS 6

Flash and Java are current on my computer.

Certificate creation works logged in as a manager, but when trying to login as a user it doesn't.

As a manager, I get the Certificates screen where I can click "Get your certificate".  When I click it, it works fine.

However, when I login as a user and click on the certificate, I get nothing.  The browser hangs then after a very long time presents a blank page.  I don't ever get to the page where I can click "Get your certificate".

I've also adjusted the PHP.ini max_execution_time.  I set it to 600 seconds.  10 minutes should be more than plenty of time to load the first view certificate screen don't you think?

Do you need anything else?

Thanks for your help!

Carl

In reply to Big Plan

by Gary Lyon -

My apologies, I thought the problem was happening after "Get Certificate" was selected. 

Can you go activate the developer-level of debug mode and capture any error messaging (assuming any are displayed)?

Has there been any upgrades done lately? If so double check your Certificate install at the appropriate version and/or reinstall. (You shouldn't loose individual course certificate configurations).