Suspend user account

Suspend user account

by eric yullu -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Testers

Am running moodle 2.7 and have noticed when i suspend student account, still on courses participants, students records still exists.

Is there a way i can suspend account and also it suspends users in course participants or students suspended dont show in course participants.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to eric yullu

Re: Suspend user account

by Steven Swanson -

U enrol them from the course, you can later add them back to the course and use the option to recover grades,

In reply to eric yullu

by Robert Brenstein -
If you want user to disappear, so to speak, you delete not suspend. Suspension blocks the user from using the system but the user remains visible in the system. Deletion goes further by hiding him everywhere (but none of his data is actually deleted).
In reply to Robert Brenstein

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

There is a role permission (or two) that enables a user to view suspended users. Could this be along the lines of what you are looking for? I haven't tried playing with this role permission yet, but I was thinking about this yesterday. We want our withdrawn students to be hidden from our grade books but wen cannot delete them from moodle as school districts could request their info at any time and we do not have access to our database easily. However, it's quite a task to go to a withdrawn child's profile and delete/un-enroll them from all of their courses.