Re: Receiving a strange error in an Assignment

by Arnold Lamont -
Number of replies: 2

HI Jason, I see you had no responses.  I am using Moodle 2.6 and I get the exact error you describe in an Assignment. It also happened quite suddenly.  This Assignment used to work but is now broken.

I can however view the assignment and download the results of submitted work, but when I try and edit the assignment, I run into trouble.  I cannot even click on the Cancel button successfully without this error showing up. 

I get the same error when I duplicate the assignment and try and work with the duplicate.

I hope there is someone out there that can help with this?

Arnold Lamont

(Edited by Mary Cooch -to clarify title original submission Wednesday, 8 October 2014, 11:47 AM)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Arnold Lamont

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Arnold- I will split your post from the previous one which related to forums and move it to the Assignment forum. To clarify therefore, you are getting the message similar to:

You don't have permission to access /summer2010/course/modedit.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Could you please post more details about your exact assignment error message?

In reply to Mary Cooch

You don't have permission to access /.../modedit.php

by Arnold Lamont -

I am getting more and more of these errors:  Now it is :

You don't have permission to access /mod/assign/view.php  on this server.

I am wondering if I inadvertently made a change on the Moodle server?

Any suggestions would be great!

Arnold