Having issues with 'basic use' of File Repository

Re: Having issues with 'basic use' of File Repository

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Hi Jean

> Ok, i was able to get the File Repository plugin working in 2.7. ... It's not showing the directories though.

I haven't checked. But wouldn't be surprised if the File System Repository does not support directories. The Moodle repository system is made for the basic user who does not think in directories. (Well, even if they do, they'll call them folders.)

> And when I use the Upload a file plugin to point to the repository, it does, but when I load a file in File Picker, it's not allowing me to upload files to it (even though I'm logged in as Administrator).

The File System Repostory is read-only for Moodle.

> The security requirements for our servers--both internal and external--are not going to allow 20 people to just be able to FTP files to the repository.

Well, I wouldn't buy those "security requirements". Often it just means that the IT dept. doesn't want more work. It is also possible that they got shocked by the loose usage of the term FTP, what we here mean is SCP/SFTT (the S stands for secure).

> So, this is yet another Repository plugin that won't be able to provide any usefulness for us.

I would do my homework before making allegations.