Course completion and notifications

Re: Course completion and notifications

by Mary Cooch -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi there. First of all, there is Course completion and Activity completion (The links go to the documentation)

Activity completion is set for activities and as a teacher in the course you will get a link in  Administration> Course administration> Reports > Activity completion to see who has and has not completed the work. See [[Using Activity completion]

With respect to Course completion just to point out that it is not currently possible to set a course up so that a user cannot access another course until they have completed the first one something you alluded to in your post.  The Course completion status block enables teachers and students to monitor their progress towards completion of a course

I can't help with the notifications issue sorry but hopefully others with experience of notifications can.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Dmitriy Berestnev -

Hi,

Has anybody any ideas about course completion notifications?

In reply to Dmitriy Berestnev

by JOSE GUILLERMO ROJAS GARRIDO -

Hi Dmitry

have you find a solution for "course completion notifications" so far ? 

I have the completion working but i can'not find how to send à notification or email notification.

thank  you

Jose Guillermo.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Mahtab Hussain -

May you live in peace Mary!

You are correct but it is not that hard to implement. Actually, I had implemented the same for one of my clients. I just developed a new plugin by modifying an existing and added code in there to check for completion of 'Pre-requisite courses' before letting user into new course.

Within course administration -> course completion we now set the pre-requisite courses and use the new plugin to enroll users into courses. This way, we can make sure that users access a course only when they have completed pre-requisite courses.

HTH.

Warm regards,

Mahtab

Average of ratings: Useful (1)