Import/Export but not Edit/move/delete

Import/Export but not Edit/move/delete

by Rocky McClane -
Number of replies: 2

I want to allow teachers to access my course and take anything they like, either via exporting it to their hard drive and uploading it or by importing it in directly.

Question banks, quizzes, files, anything they like.

I don't want them to be able to edit my question banks, move questions/categories/assignments/files.

I've not found any solution to this, but I'm sure it's out there and I've overlooked it, maybe poor phrasing in my searches.

Thank you,

Rocky McClane

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rocky McClane

Re: Import/Export but not Edit/move/delete

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

You need to edit the permissions to only let them do certain things. E.g. make a new 'Content sharer' role.

That role needs capabilities like:

• moodle/course:view
  • moodle/question:useall
  • moodle/question:viewall

but not

• moodle/question:editall

etc. It will probably take a bit of experimentation to get the permissions right. It might be good to start with a copy of the Non-editing teacher role.

In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Import/Export but not Edit/move/delete

by Rocky McClane -
Thanks for the reply Tim.

That's great for protecting questions, but I can't find how to allow adding resources without deleting resources.

I've found permissions like that for questions, but I'd like it for files and resources too.