Mapping students to teachers

Mapping students to teachers

by Melvin Richard -
Number of replies: 5

Hello,

I have 20 students and 2 teachers, where these each 10 students will be monitored by each teacher. Is there a way to do this in moodle? That is mapping students to teachers?

Thanks in Advance

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Melvin Richard

Re: Mapping students to teachers

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

You could use groups...

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Melvin Richard -

Hello Emma,

I have  tried groups. 

1) I enrolled users into the course by giving student and non-editing teacher privileges

2) Then I created groups as per my need. Say Group 1 and Group 2. (Each group containing 10 student and 1 non-editing teacher).

3) The option which I kept in course edit setting for group is :

Seperate Group

4) There was a Quiz that was set up in the course, But  Group 1 non-editing teacher was able to see the result of Group 2 student.

Is there any issue in the steps which I followed? Could you please guide me.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Melvin Richard

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

So the best way to achieve this is to copy the non-editing teacher role, call it something like Group Facilitor or Student Coach (whatever works for you).  Then remove the See All Groups permission from your new role.  This will then limit the teachers to only being able to see their students.  You can also just remove the permission from the non-editing teacher if you do not that role for anything else...

Average of ratings: Useful (2)