LDAP Settings will not Persist/Store in database

LDAP Settings will not Persist/Store in database

by Jake Garrison -
Number of replies: 5

Hello Ladies and Gents,

I've searched both the internet and these forums far and wide for the answer to my question... all to no avail. After banging my head around the problem for two days, I'm convinced my problem is unique.

At first I thought that I was simply using the incorrect settings for my particular setup (osx server authenticating against a local open directory master). However, I eventually discovered that my settings were actually NOT saving. I've enabled the plugin. Clicked its settings page. Changed all the values. Saved the changed. .... and then... When I log back into the admin... everything is reset to the default values. 

Taking a look at the MySQL database... I don't really see anything related to the plugin (please see attached). There in only one entry in the config_plugins table that looks related: auth_ldap, version.

enrol_ldap however, has plenty of entries and  the settings page for that plugin properly stores values. 

Can anything think of a reason this might be happening?

Things I have tried:

• Complete wipe and reinstall
  • installing a second ldap plugin
  • testing a custom ldap script (passed)

Let me know if this seems familiar to anyone?

Thanks!

Attachment Screen Shot 2014-10-06 at 6.02.31 PM.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jake Garrison

Re: LDAP Settings will not Persist/Store in database

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Try the following query on your DB via the mdl_config_plugins table:

select * from `mdl_config_plugins` where `plugin` like "%ldap%"

If I recall correctly (version 1.9 site was one I had helped auth vs open directory on a MacOSX server), one had to set ID Number in the mappings to uidNumber to get Moodle's PHP talking to the open directory server.

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Jake Garrison -

"Try the following query on your DB via the mdl_config_plugins table:

select * from `mdl_config_plugins` where `plugin` like "%ldap%"

So, ran this, and everything returned was the one auth_ldap and then a bunch of entries for enroll_ldap.

It would seem to me that is isn't a matter of supplying the appropriate settings, when they are not making it to the database in the first place. 

by Jake Garrison -

Ok.... so this is super weird. Just for the heck of it I tried the same steps using chrome instead of safari. 

It worked.... Now my database has plenty of information populated in the config_plugins table related to auth/ldap. So, there seems to be a bug where this config page can not be modified with safari. I've moved back to safari to see if I can edit the information, and none of those changes are making it to the database. I have not had this problem anywhere else in the program.

Should I report this bug? 

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

That is strange.   Suggest installing FireBug for Safari and then turn it on before accessing that area of Moodle config to see what FireBug reports.

One could also check apache access/error logs to see if there is something strange there.

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Eseosa I -

Clear your cache folder(moodle_data/cache/*) - had same issue. Resolved.

Made updates via UI and directly through mdl_config_plugins table (value=xxx), refreshing ldap settings page still showed old cached data.

Moodle 2.8.3+