Error in Moodle2.7 for page->requires->manager->js_module('core_dock')

Error in Moodle2.7 for page->requires->manager->js_module('core_dock')

by Mohammad Nur Un Nabi -
Number of replies: 5

Hi,

we are using moddle2.3. Now we are thinking to upgrade our moodle to 2.7. But when we try to upgrade, error is howing in one of our custom block because of page->requires->manager->js_module('core_dock'). 

Error: Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: Missing YUI3 module details. 

Is there any solution for that?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mohammad Nur Un Nabi

Re: Error in Moodle2.7 for page->requires->manager->js_module('core_dock')

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Off the top of my head, that should probably be:

$PAGE->requires->yui_modile('moodle-core-dock')

However, if your custom block is using the core dock javascript code, it may well need some more extensive modifications to make it work properly (as that code has been completely rewritten between M2.3 & M2.7).

I would suggest that you either ask the developer who originally wrote the block to review it and upgrade it to work in M2.7, or pay for a Moodle developer to review and upgrade the code.

In reply to Davo Smith

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hmm.. that would be 'yui_module' not 'yui_modile' ... (but the rest of my comments still stand).

In reply to Davo Smith

Hi Davo,

Thanks for your reply. but it doesn't work.

In reply to Mohammad Nur Un Nabi

by Davo Smith -

OK, maybe it would help if you explained 'it doesn't work' a bit more. Did the error message go away when you changed the line of code to the one I suggested? Did a different error appear instead? Is there now no error message, but something else doesn't work?

Or, did you take my suggestion of contacting the original developer, and that is what didn't work?

In reply to Davo Smith

Hi,

It's solved. Reason behind was bespoke plugin.