Cloze not working in Moodle 1.5.1

Cloze not working in Moodle 1.5.1

by Urs Hunkler -
Number of replies: 9
Picture of Core developers

Hi,

I suddenly get errors with the 1.5 cloze. I tried several cloze texts including the examples from the help, but got allways the same result. The same cloze works in Moodle 1.6 beta. What could that be?

Moodle Version: Moodle 1.5.1 (2005060210) from today
Quiz Module Version: 2005060301

Error: Missing question answers!

Unable to get options for questiontype 3 (id=30)

Davon profitieren Anleger, die ein
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in
C:\Xampp\htdocs\moodle_15\moodle\mod\quiz\questiontypes\multichoice\questiontype.php 
on line 230

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in  
C:\Xampp\htdocs\moodle_15\moodle\mod\quiz\questiontypes\multianswer\questiontype.php 
on line 290
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Urs Hunkler

Re: Cloze not working in Moodle 1.5.1

by Urs Hunkler -

This morning I reverted the quiz module to a version from July, 4. 2005 an the cloze is working again. So the error should be in the last updates.

See Bug #3724 - Cloze not working in Moodle 1.5.1

In reply to Urs Hunkler

by Andrew Hu -
It may be more than Cloze I'm haviing the same situation with multichoice. I've checked the database and the answers are there and the id,s and references appear to be OK but the viewed html page is empty.
So is it breaking on retirval of data and just dropping out of the script.

In reply to Andrew Hu

by Gustav W Delius -
There was some new code in CVS that referred to a database field that did not yet exist. I have undone those changes in CVS so the bug is now gone.
In reply to Gustav W Delius

by Urs Hunkler -

Great Gustav, thanks a lot.

• When I updated my installation the Bug #3617 I patched this morning came back. Could you please also look at this one? A possible solution is documented with the bug description.

• And in Bug #3731 is documented that the Disc. Coeff. is -999.00 instead of -1 it should be as described in the help file.

Thanks for the much improved quiz module in Moodle 1.5
Urs

In reply to Urs Hunkler

by Stéphane Goussault -
Hello,

The latest moodle 1.5.1+ adds shlash in cloze question before the apostrophe (')

Have you notice this ?

Stephane
In reply to Stéphane Goussault

by Julian Sedding -
Can you please try the newest CVS version? I hope that I managed to fix this problem now.

Julian
In reply to Julian Sedding

by Colin Campbell -
We are still using the stable 1.4 version of Moodle and we have this problem with Cloze where the apostrophes are either not recognised or interpreted as having a slash. I originally thought this was an issue with the German keyboard - but from this forum I guess we need to update the Cloze module. Will the latest cvs function properly with the 1.4 version of moodle?
In reply to Colin Campbell

by Gustav W Delius -
The Moodle 1.5 quiz module will not work under Moodle 1.4. So I am afraid you will have to live without apostrophes a little longer until you upgrade to 1.5 sad.
In reply to Colin Campbell

Apostrophe on the German keyboard is not recognised in quiz

by Colin Campbell -
I have returned to this problem because we shall upgrade to the latest stable moodle in January and having tested this problem on client sites and my own upgraded site I have discovered that the condition still exists.

Using a German keyboard to answer short form quiz questions, you cannot enter an apostrophe that will be recognised and hence you can never get the correct answer.
For example
"The reason I'm calling" always produces a wrong answer - even if I cut and paste it from the quiz! If I switch over to an English keyboard setting it makes no difference. However if I change the answer to "The reason I am calling" everything works fine. Can anyone help me with this puzzle?