Can no longer access course. Error: "Sorry, this activity is currently hidden"

Can no longer access course. Error: "Sorry, this activity is currently hidden"

by Daniele Filipe -
Number of replies: 4

Hello,

I recently tried to go an access my courses and for w/e reason I am getting the error: Sorry, this activity is currently hidden.

I have no idea what is causing this or even where to start looking. Yesterday I went into the plugin overview and disabled a bunch of plugins. Then today while trying to fix it I attempted to roll my changes back to the default by re-enabling what was disabled.

If I need to provide anymore information about the issue I will be glad to include it, but at this point I had no idea where to continue looking to solve this problem other than rolling back to a backup. 

Extra Details:

• Running Moodle 2.5.8
  • The courses are running the format "Single Activity Course" (for moodle 2.5.3 I believe), however, this should not be an issue as it has been working for the past month).
  • The enrolment method is PayPal (with a few code modifications of my own, which was also working sound for the past month)

Thank you in advance,

Daniele

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Daniele Filipe

Re: Can no longer access course. Error: "Sorry, this activity is currently hidden"

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

The problem is that you have done something to mess up the activity and because the course is single activity, it won't let you in.  About the best solution would be to get into the database and switch the course to a different format - that way you will be able to get in and there and fix the activity.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Emma Richardson

Re: Can no longer access course. Error: "Sorry, this activity is currently hidden"

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Also, I think there is a way to access the course settings to change the course format through the UI being the administration of the courses - an edit settings icon for the admin user.

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Peter Bowen -

You could also take note of the course number of the problem course, edit the settings of another course, and change the course number in the url - this will get you into the settings of the problem course.

Cheers

Peter

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Daniele Filipe -

Thank you for this reply. I changed the format and it now works.

I'm not quite sure what's going on but the problem is definitely with the "Single Activity Format" I may try reinstalling it to see if that fixes the problem. 

EDIT: I tried reinstalling the plugin but it did nothing. Could there be anywhere else I could look to fix this?