Essential theme 2.7.2 (Build: 20140708): No Access To Site Administration After Upgrade to Latest Moodle 2.6.5

Re: Essential theme 2.7.2 (Build: 20140708): No Access To Site Administration After Upgrade to Latest Moodle 2.6.5

by Gareth J Barnard -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Thanks Rod.

I would never suggest duplicate or cross posts smile - but new posts about other issues that are born from and reference existing posts are fine smile.

I know this has been said before by me, but I am really concerned about users still on Windows XP.  I have an ageing laptop that was running XP which is now happily running Ubuntu 12.04 (14.04 will not work on it, but 12.04 is supported until 2017).  On Ubuntu you can run all of the modern browsers and still get security updates (including the 'bash' one).  Admittedly I still run XP in a virtual machine (comes with Win 7 Ultimate) so that I can use an old scanner (and test Moodle Themes ;) ) but that's about it.  XP should now only be seen as a museum exhibit.

In Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, the book has the words 'Don't Panic' on it.  Windows XP machines should now have the words 'You really should panic' on them.

Gareth