Dataform Permissions - Separate List/Single View

Dataform Permissions - Separate List/Single View

by Oliver Trampleasure -
Number of replies: 6

So I've setup my database within a dataform module but can't get the views access working. I've setup a view access rule to stop guests from seeing my 'Single' entry view with all the information. The problem is that it is applying to all the views... I've even tried setting up a second view access rule for my 'Grid' view which I want guests to be able to access but it hasn't worked.

I'm not sure but this may be a bug?

screenshot

Also - have enabled trusted content, etc but still can't embed iframes into my entries. I've been able to get OBJECTs embedded but have effectively had to turn the capability on for every user. 

Thanks for your help

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Oliver Trampleasure

Re: Database Permissions - Separate List/Single View

by Itamar Tzadok -

I will look into that and let you know. smile

In reply to Itamar Tzadok

by Oliver Trampleasure -

Any news? or some detailed documentation on views access? 

Not sure why it isn't working, I've just spent most of the afternoon working on it and can't sort it for love nor money unfortunately!

Looks like it should do exactly what I need, but unfortunately the View Access blocks appear to have global effects rather than being limited to the views selected.

Cheers

Ollie

by Itamar Tzadok -

As far as I can tell it is working. Here is a simple scenario:

I add a dataform
I add an aligned view "Guests allowed"
I add an aligned view "Guests not allowed"
I set "Guests allowed" as the default view

I add a view access rule.
I set the name to "Guest access denied"
I set views to "Selected"
I select the view "Guests not allowed"
I save
I open the rule permisisons
I remove "Guest" from "View - Access" permission

I log out
I go to the dataform
I do not see the link "Guests not allowed" in the Navigation block
I cannot access the view "Guests not allowed" by url

Are there any relevant settings in your scenario that are not taken into account in this one?

smile

In reply to Itamar Tzadok

by Oliver Trampleasure -

Nope, I was removing the wrong permission! Was using Any Entry - View rather than View-Access. Thanks for clearing that up... 

It is hiding the entry as required, but ideally I'd like the user to see a message which said "You are using guest access, please login to view content" rather than just a blank page as is currently showing. Is that possible? Or to redirect them to the login page?

Thanks for your help!

by Itamar Tzadok -

No such feature at the moment. You should be able to display such message with javascript which you can apply to the designated view. The javascript could check if the text 'You are currently using guest access' exists in the .usermenu .login css element (may be theme dependent) and if so display the message with a link to the login page. With this approach the view should be accessible and the entries hidden from guests. hth smile

Average of ratings: Useful (1)