Have email for groups/teachers changed recently(ish)

Have email for groups/teachers changed recently(ish)

by Howard Miller -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I need to do more testing but in the interests of being lazy who should I expect to receive emails when separate groups are in force? We upgraded from 2.4 a few months back and a lot of teachers are complaining that they now get loads of forum emails that they didn't used to get. It always comes back to forums with separate groups. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Have email for groups/teachers changed recently(ish)

by Barbara Taylor -

If the profile of the users is set to send messages when subscribed then they will get every message.  If the forum is setup to force subscription everyone in the group (including the instructors) will receive the message. 

If the forum is set to optional subscription, and the profile is set to don't send me messages when I post, then they won't get any messages and will need to check them in the forum.

Barbara

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Have email for groups/teachers changed recently(ish)

by mohammad alkhalil -

hi

i would like to ask you about if i disable email notifcation from message outputs module setting and i run the cron does the forum module send email to users in moodle 2.4.10

thanks in advance