badge issue dates

Re: badge issue dates

by Yuliya Bozhko -
Number of replies: 1

Hi David,

Changing expiration date is not possible and I am afraid we are not planning such a feature. Each badge is issued to users under the same condition. If we start altering them, then it will technically mean that users are earning different badges.

Changing issue date could be implemented, but it might involve quite a bit of work.

I don't think I can come up with any solution for your issue right now other than changing records in database which I definitely don't recommend.

Yuliya 

In reply to Yuliya Bozhko

Re: badge issue dates

by Peter Keating -

Reading the response to the previous question I think I can guess what the answer to this will be:

I'm migrating training within my organisation from one system to our moodle install (which is ace- thanks guys I love this system, keep up the good work). Rather than requiring everyone to re-complete their annual fire training from D1 of migrating, I'd like to be able to import their existing dates of completion (the training content is the same!), so that people who completed it a week before migration on the old system do not have to re-complete the course in order to earn a badge and be good for another 51 weeks...

Any possibility of doing this? (although its moodle based we don't own the old system so I doubt we could export the completion data for the courses and import it into our system...)

Any guidance you could give would be much appreciated. 

Peter