Still working on creating a predictable situation where I can isolate the crashing Taskchain syndrome when I move an existing Taskchain from one course section to another. It is taking me a bit of time. I am working with a production server and tend to avoid experimentation that I fear could affect the integrity of the server as a whole.
Just to say that I have moved labels and quizzes from one course section to another with success.
Regarding the 500 server error, I don't think the problem is the server. See below
Memory (95% free)
The dedicated server has 64Gb of ram installed and I am using 1.5Gb or
Disk space (SSD) 95% free
max_execution_time 300 normal 30
max_input_time 300 normal 30
memory_limit 256M normal 128M
Errors on a website level:
Error log contains one entry, a missing png file apple-touch-icon.png
On a server level, no errors.
I don't see anything in the above that indicates a problem with the server itself when it comes to handling Moodle functions.
Admin logs don't indicate any problems.
What I am planning to do is to set up a test situation where I create a simple Taskchain with a single JQuiz item and try moving it to a different course section. If that works, I will complicate it by adding other types of items (JCloze ...) until it crashes. Then I will do the same on your server and see what happens (if you are ok with this).
This will take me some time to get at though. My inclination is to do it at term's end even though I realize that sooner is better.
I will be in touch on this. Thank you for your patience and ideas on ways to explore this issue.