Manual allocation page not loading

Manual allocation page not loading

by Juan Antonio Jung -
Number of replies: 5

Hi!

The manual allocation page is not loading. I think it may have something to do with the fact that I once tried to load it with 1000 users (course has 500+ people enrolled). At the time I was able to solve my issue by clicking on back and then moving on.

Currently the only thing that loads are the tabs at the top (manual, random and scheduled allocation).

Any idea how I may fix this?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Juan Antonio Jung

Re: Manual allocation page not loading

by Juan Antonio Jung -

As an update: I found the optional parameter $perpage and tried using it. Unfortunately, now I get the "A required parameter (sesskey) was missing" error.

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I guess you are hitting PHP memory limit or max execution limit. I am aware that the manual allocator is not implemented is a way that would support many students unfortunately. Turning debugging on should display some more explanation message.
In reply to David Mudrák

by Juan Antonio Jung -

Dear David,

Thank you for your answer. I think you are right, but the question is: how do I get back to a setting with which I can see the allocations? Currently, I have no way of "resetting" this.

In reply to David Mudrák

by Juan Antonio Jung -

The error message I get when debugging is turned on is:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 285859 bytes) in /apps/vhosts/education/moodle-2.5.5+/lib/outputcomponents.php on line 1620

I really hope someone is able to point me to a solution which will allow me to "reset" the perpage parameter...

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

OK. So it seems that 128 MB RAM is not enough for your Moodle site. Please consider raising it to, say, 160 MB in your php.ini. That might help.

WRT the perpage thing, you can try something like http://your.moodle.site/mod/workshop/allocation.php?cmid=XX&method=manual&perpage=10&sesskey=YYYYY where XX is the course module id of your workshop (same number that is passed as the 'id' parameter when viewing the Workshop) and YYYYY is your current sesskey (the easiest way to get know it is to search for the "sesskey" inside the HTML source of some in your browser).

If you are familiar with low level access via SQL, you can remove the currently stored value from the database. This is a hint:

SELECT * FROM mdl_user_preferences WHERE name='workshopallocation_manual_perpage';