Accidentally deleted Turnitin assignment

Accidentally deleted Turnitin assignment

by Lydia Andreu -
Number of replies: 3

Hello everyone! I am new to this forum/community, so I apologize if this issue has been addressed before but I could not find an answer.

I had made a brand new Turnitin assignment on Moodle and discovered I had messed up the settings, so I decided to delete it. However, I accidentally deleted a previous Turnitin assignment that students had already submitted their essays to instead. They were similarly labeled (eg. Journal #1 and Journal #2) and now I feel quite dumb about it.

What I want to know is if there is any way to recover the assignment, or do I need to make a new Turnitin assignment and have the students resubmit their files?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lydia Andreu

Re: Accidentally deleted Turnitin assignment

by John McGettrick -

Which plugin is this from? Direct v1, Direct v2 or the Plagiarism plugin for Moodle Assignments?

If it is v1 then I'm afraid not. If it's Direct v2 then you can use the Migration Tool to recreate a Turnitin class/assignment. Note that it will only recreate Turnitin Assignments even if your assignment was a Moodle assignment using the plagiarism plugin. Either way, your submissions should still be accessible on Turnitin.

In reply to John McGettrick

by Lydia Andreu -

Thanks for the reply!

How do I find out what type of plugin it is? Where would one locate the migration tool?

In reply to Lydia Andreu

by John McGettrick -

What module type was it? If it was an Assignment then it will be the PLagiarism plugin. If it was a Turnitin Assignment then it will either be Direct v1 or v2. To find out which try and add an activity to a course, it will either be Turnitin Assignment or Turnitin Assignment 2.

The migration tool is available in a tab via Site Administration > Plugins > Activity Modules > Turnitin Assignment 2 if you have Direct v2 installed.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)