Any way to optimize poodll if I only use one aspect of it?

Any way to optimize poodll if I only use one aspect of it?

by Sam Mudle -
Number of replies: 4

Moodle 2.6

I only need the whiteboard feature of poodll, I don't need mp3 recording, webcam, etc. 

What do I need to install just to get the whiteboard feature?

Thanks for a terrific plugin BTW.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sam Mudle

Re: Any way to optimize poodll if I only use one aspect of it?

by Justin Hunt -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I have considered making the whiteboard a separate thing from PoodLL, because there are a lot of options that don't apply to the other recorders. But at the moment it is just a part of PoodLL.

You always need the PoodLL filter, and then you just need a plugin for each of the places you want to use it. eg 

atto editor -> PoodLL Anywhere for Atto
assignment submission -> Online PoodLL Assignment submission type
question type -> PoodLL Recording question type

In the settings for many of those plugins there is an option to disable(hide) recorders. In PoodLL Anywhere those settings look like the attached screenshot. I should add that not all the plugins yet have that. The PoodLL recording question doesn't.

Hope that helps.

Attachment PLD__Administration__Plugins__Text_editors__Atto_HTML_editor__PoodLL_Anywhere_Atto_.png
In reply to Justin Hunt

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi,

Talking about that, i think that, when administrator as only allowed one recorder type, the teacher shouldn't see (at all) the corresponding (and useless in this case) dropdown menu used to choose the recording type, when defining/modifying settings...

I haven't tested everything about PoodLL, but at least seen it in the Online PoodLL Assignment submission type.

Séverin

In reply to Séverin Terrier

by Justin Hunt -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Right. Its not a hard change to make but quite a useful one. 

I will see what I can do. Thanks

J