PoodLL Profile Picture

Re: PoodLL Profile Picture

by Justin Hunt -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I redesigned the site a few months ago, and the donate scheme I had got left off. So I will fix that up. Thanks for reminding me. 

But it became a bit problematic because Paypal donate buttons stopped working for Japanese Paypal accounts. I had to set it up an alternative way(using gumroad). And there are very few donations really. 

Honestly teachers shouldn't feel any obligation to pay out of their own pocket. I would prefer that institutions bought support services as a way of contributing. They can be found here if anyone is interested. http://poodll.com/premium-support

Justin

In reply to Justin Hunt

by Andrew Barrett -
Hi Justin,

Out of interest, would there be any way to link conditional activities or points on the Level Up plugin to the availability of profile avatars?

It's quite a fun feature of sites like khan academy where if you earn x many points, you can change your avatar picture to something a little cooler.

Any thoughts on this? 

Thanks

Andrew

In reply to Andrew Barrett

by Justin Hunt -

Thats a cool idea. Its software so its certainly do-able. 

But there is no way currently to link the profile picture to anything like that.

Your mail made me think that I should just add the PoodLL Profile Picture block to the rest of PoodLL. Its a bit of an outlier now.

That will be a bit more motivation to keep the dev. on that going too

In reply to Justin Hunt

by Andrew Barrett -

Thanks for the response Justin,

Any idea of the size and scale of a project to link profile picture to conditions? I'm wondering if it's a project other moodlers might be keen to collaborate on.

Thanks

Andrew

In reply to Andrew Barrett

by Justin Hunt -

Its not too much really I think. You would just increase the pool of avatar images available to choose from, when certain conditions were met. To really gamify it though, it would be nice to have some more bells and whistles. 

e.g An alert popop when an unlock was made

I can't do it in the near future realistically, but I can move the project onto GitHub so others can at least work with it. Its currently only on Bitbucket