Online language lab

Online language lab

by Michel Camos -
Number of replies: 0

Hello everyone. I have been using Moodle for years now with my ESL students. The said students are 18 to 20 years old, come from reasonably well-off families, which means they all own either a smart phone or a tablet or both. Which is why I'd like to go mobile for good.

I have created what I call an online language lab, i.e., a bank of audio documents (in mp3 format) which the students can have access to, play or download as they please. I have also set up a Nanogong activity which allows them to record their voice and send me the file in one click. All of the above require a computer (or a tablet) and access to my 'regular' Moodle website.

Here is the link to it

I was thinking it would be great to have the same thing working through the Moodle Mobile app (or other app, for that matter) so that students might use their own device, be it a phone or a tablet and regardless of their OS of choice.

I have tried and encountered some difficulty.

The audio files which I have embedded as labels do open on my tablet. Those I have uploaded to my documents don't:  I get an 'unsupported URL' error message.

From my phone, nothing opens and I get the following error message: {"error" : "Jeton invalide (introuvable)", "stacktrace" :null, "debuginfo" : null, "reproductionlink" :null)

Any idea what I am doing wrong or could improve? Should I try another app? How can I have the students record a voice message from their device and have it sent to me right away?

Hope somebody will be able to help.

Thanks for reading my message any way.

M

Average of ratings: -