anonymizing comments

anonymizing comments

by david bodily -
Number of replies: 3

we moved from 2.4 to 2.6 recently and i'm facing this change:

in 2.4, with "respondent type" set to FullName, viewing of comment box responses didn't show names.  this is not the case in 2.6.  

it makes sense that 2.6 is the desired behavior, but for certain reasons, i need to recreate the 2.4 output but leave the setting FullName.  if this is an admin setting, can someone let me know so i can talk with admin?

better yet, perhaps, i can clone and modify the module and admin will install the modification for me.  could someone point me at the appropriate PHP file to examine to alter this output?  

THANKS,

david

Attachment 2-4-output.PNG
Attachment 2-6-output.PNG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to david bodily

Re: anonymizing comments

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

File yourmoodle/mod/questionnaire/questiontypes.class.php private function mkreslisttext($rows) line 2052

replace:

$nonanonymous = $questionnaire->respondenttype != 'anonymous';

with:

$nonanonymous = false;

Joseph

In reply to david bodily

Re: anonymizing comments

by david bodily -

update:

• our admin was reluctant to install and maintain an entirely new module for this single purpose
  • but i was able to satisfy my needs using a new role and a change in permissions

the problem was essentially:

• i maintain a course for all students in the school of health science.  
  • groups of those students -- from different courses in different programs -- use our facility and complete evaluations for each use.
  • i need to maintain all that data by individual student, but i need to provide the evaluation feedback to individual instructors WITHOUT the student identifiers.

i had been enrolling the faculty members and giving them "non-editing teacher" roles per questionnaire.  this worked out in the previous version since the screen output did not include names.  the newer version does show those names but after experiments i determined that students could not see each others' names . . . suggesting a permission difference.  the problem is solved by a new role.  site admins created a specific role for me to assign based on the "non-editing teacher" role with the attached permission changes.

Attachment ques_perms.PNG