Auto-Enrollment in ALL courses w/ least admin overhead

Auto-Enrollment in ALL courses w/ least admin overhead

by Stuart Douglas -
Number of replies: 2
Here's the envisioned scenario...an annual subscription based Moodle installation which would be universally (all Courses) available to all subscribers upon payment. I'm trying to avoid students having to deal with Enrolling in each Course they want to use (although this will be my fallback position should an easily automated universal Enrollment not be viable). This particular Moodle site would consist of totally static Courses and content; i.e. no subscribers will be creating anything new. As such, the external database Enrollment method seemed like a suitable candidate method. I could index each user id against every course id upon successful subscription. I see there are a number of payment system plug-ins, but my question is how have others setup things up so that successful payment also results in automatic Enrollment in ALL Courses? If no one's done this, can anyone suggest the most efficient approach to achieving this?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Stuart Douglas

Re: Auto-Enrollment in ALL courses w/ least admin overhead

by Chardelle Busch -
Picture of Core developers
Hi Stuart,

You can accomplish this in 1.5 using the Meta Courses feature (and turning it upside down as it were). I haven't test this with a master course with cost--if you do, let us know okay?

Create your "master" course that users will enroll in. Then for all subsequent courses, change their settings to "meta course", go to the students link in admin and add your "master" course. Then when someone enrolls in the "master" course, they are also automatically enrolled in all of the subsequent courses.
In reply to Chardelle Busch

Re: Auto-Enrollment in ALL courses w/ least admin overhead

by Stuart Douglas -
Hmmm...one manual enrollment wouldn't be too bad, and its a native Moodle component. Not bad at all...I'll have to play around with the master/meta course thing.

Thanks...I'm still working on evolving out of my Moodle pupal stage.  smile