Paste support for Firefox?

Paste support for Firefox?

de Samuli Karevaara -
Número de respuestas: 12
Janne, Xinha (HTMLArea spinoff) has support for Firefox cut'n'paste without any user.js edits, but they stole it from FCKEditor sonrisa, a bit more about it here.

Xinha might be something for Moodle 2.0? Don't know if it's less work or not because it's based on HTMLArea. At least the demos look very promising.
Promedio de valoraciones: -
En respuesta a Samuli Karevaara

Re: Paste support for Firefox?

de Janne Mikkonen -
I been meaning to take a look at Xinha as soon as I got time for it guiño

I had an idea for support at least two javascript (htmlarea/xinha and tinymce) based editor and one java based editor (kafenio).

The problem with supporting two js editors is that there should be a dialog routine compatible with both editors, but in other hand this would free us to use whatever js editor we want.

So definitely I'm going to check that Xinha  aprobación
En respuesta a Janne Mikkonen

de Andy Tagliani -
Hi all

Its much more simple ...

Go to C:\Programs\Mozilla Firefox and open the folder greprefs like this:
C:\Programs\Mozilla Firefox\greprefs

Open the file all.js with your WordPad MFC Editor and search for:
Clipboard

There you will find to lines like this:
// Clipboard
pref("capability.policy.default.Clipboard.cutcopy", "noAccess");
pref("capability.policy.default.Clipboard.paste", "noAccess");

Change it to (red marking)

// Clipboard
pref("capability.policy.default.Clipboard.cutcopy", "allAccess");
pref("capability.policy.default.Clipboard.paste", "allAccess");

Thats all! Save it and start Firefox new and you will see it works!

Bye Andy
En respuesta a Andy Tagliani

de Samuli Karevaara -
Yes, that's the current method (or variation of it), but there is a way to do this with no intervention at all from the end user.

de Alexandre Abi-Ackel -
You can use "Shift"+"Insert", instead of "Ctrl"+"V".
En respuesta a Alexandre Abi-Ackel

de Samuli Karevaara -
That's a good reminder.

I was really vague in my original post, and now realize that it didn't come across at all as I meant. I was directing it to Janne, and the essence was: "there is a way to have copypaste to work in Firefox with Ctrl-V without any client end .js file editings".

Current ways to paste text in Firefox are the Shift+Insert, choosing Edit Paste from the menus or editing user.js (or similar) to allow for Ctrl-V.

Ctrl-V is important because that's what everybody tries at first, and 95% leave it at that if it doesn't work.

de Chardelle Busch -
Imagen de Core developers
If you do try to use regular keyboard shortcuts, or the paste icon, you should get the popup widow that tells you to do just that--use shift+insert, etc.  Aren't you getting that?

By the way, Gustav, if you read this, in that window--the /n code is showing up in the text.
En respuesta a Chardelle Busch

de Samuli Karevaara -
Chardelle, I do/did get the popup window, but it's unfortunately the same majority that doesn't read any of the alert-box texts, but close them "as a reflex". Fortunately they mostly use IE though guiño But it doesn't chance the fact that Ctrl-V didn't work in Firefox. (But in 1.5.2 it does, without any user hacks, great Janne!)

de Chardelle Busch -
Oh, that's great to know, and probably it should read unfortunately they mostly use IEwink -- not that there's anything wrong with IE.  I guess I'd better upgrade to 1.5.2--does anybody know if it's stable?  
En respuesta a Chardelle Busch

de Martin Dougiamas -
Imagen de Core developers Imagen de Documentation writers Imagen de Moodle HQ Imagen de Particularly helpful Moodlers Imagen de Plugin developers Imagen de Testers
Yes, it's fine now.  The best thing we have going.
En respuesta a Martin Dougiamas

de Chardelle Busch -
Oh sheesh sorry, I just realized I had unsubscribed myself from Moodle News.  Thanks Martin, upgrading to 1.5.2 is on my to do list today.  By the way 1.5+ is wonderful!!!!!!  And much thanks to the many volunteer developers for their wonderful work and add-ons.

de Janne Mikkonen -
ctrl + v is (read: should be) supported from 1.5.2 on.

Here is another user.js tip:
  • user_pref("capability.policy.allowclipboard.sites", "http: https:");
    If you define only protocols for allowclipboard.sites property, copy/paste should work on any site.