Question Import from url

Question Import from url

by Colin Matheson -
Number of replies: 3

I have a php script which takes data from quizlet.com and turns it into a txt file in GIFT format short answer questions. I would like to add this as an import type plugin but am not sure how to change the import file to an import url.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Colin Matheson

Re: Question Import from url

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

If you want to work this out, you need to read the code of question/import.php and question/format.php.

Actually, you don't even need to do that, I think. Can't you use Moodle's URL-downloader repository to add the files to the form?

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Colin Matheson -

Thanks Tim I will look at that URL download repository option.

My eventual goal is to create an activity that takes a quizlet URL as an input on a form, then it imports the questions as short answers, creates a random matching question from the short answers, and builds a quiz with that matching question.

Since I will be hacking my way through this with amateur PHP skills I appreciate the help you provide.

In reply to Colin Matheson

by Thom Rawson -
Colin,

Very cool that you are adding customization and integration in your Moodle world. I support your efforts to do so.

Without trying to dampen your creativity, if you do need something off the shelf, you might check out the PoodLL Guy - he seems to have developed this module already. Actually, I bought it and it works very well although not exactly the way you are specifying in this forum.

http://poodll.com/portfolio/
(scroll down to the bottom of the list)

Just sharing my information. Good luck with your plugin.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)