Issues with course reports?

Issues with course reports?

by Catherine Pinnell -
Number of replies: 3

Good morning everyone, I hope I am posting in the correct place. I am experiencing issues with SCORM reporting. In particular, a user's actions are not being logged on their profile page or the course in which they are enrolled--but there are site reports that indicate activity. I am on Moodle 2.7.1. I am providing screenshots. However, to maintain privacy, the user's name and IP Address will be blocked out. I hope you can trust my screenshots are accurate. smile

Here is what I know:

1. The user is enrolled in a course and their role is 'Student'

2. There are site logs indicating activity in the course

3. No activity in the course is logged at the user (Activity reports > complete report) or course levels

4. IP Addresses match in the reports

5. Activity completion is set so that users must view the course to complete it. Training is published in SCORM 1.2 format.

Here is what I would like to find out/burning questions:

1. Why would activities not log to the course, but be logged to the site level? I am accessing this site data through: Site Administration>Reports> Logs

2. Other users had the 'Sco Launched' Event name logged for their course. Is this a key to my investigation?

3. The only other time I have seen site logs differ from course/user logs is when administrators (me) have taken a course but have not been enrolled. Is there an enrollment issue here that I am missing?

Thank you for your time--I really appreciate any insights you may have on SCORM reporting so I can learn more.

Attachment SCORM Issue Site report.gif
Attachment SCORM Issue User and Complete reports.PNG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Catherine Pinnell

Re: Issues with course reports?

by Kevin Ritter -

Did anyone every get back to you? I'm having a similar issue where the activity is being written to the database but not reported when requested from the Complete Report feature. The phrase "Nothing to report" appears. Please advise.

In reply to Kevin Ritter

by Yemane Weleslasea -
What happened with this thread? I am having the same problem for my moodle 2.7. Please help me live in peace of mind and heart.
In reply to Yemane Weleslasea

by Sophie Ricci -
I had once some unresolved issues of that type. I'm then following this thread...