Hide course summary with "show only one section" option

Hide course summary with "show only one section" option

by Conor Bradley -
Number of replies: 2

I'm running a course using the "show only one section" option to try and keep things uncluttered for our students.

My only problem is that we have quite a large course summary with images and links on the course homepage. At the moment every section shows this course summary at the top of the page above the currently displayed section. This means that the section itself can be pushed quite far down the page, making it more difficult for students to discover its contents.

Is there any setting that would allow me to display the course summary only on the course home page, not when sections are being displayed? Any help appreciated.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Conor Bradley

Re: Hide course summary with "show only one section" option

by Hartmut Scherer -

Hi Conor,

I don't know if I understand you correctly as in our DE site, the course summary is not displayed in the course main page. We have a general section at the top, but there is no course summary. So someone may have customized your theme. The general section at the top will be displayed even if you have selected the option "show only one section." 

If you are using a Bootstraped based theme, you could use the accordion style for the content in the course summary at the top. Put all activities and resources in the last topic and put the links with the accordion style in the general section at the top of the course main page. Some time ago I played a bit with the accordion style - see HERE. I am now using the Shoehorn theme and it's very easy to add the accordion style.

With kind regards,

Hartmut

In reply to Hartmut Scherer

Re: Hide course summary with "show only one section" option

by Conor Bradley -

Thank you for your reply Hartmut,

I think I had the terms 'course summary' and 'general section' confused. It seems like I want to only display the general section on the course main page not when each of the topic sections are displayed in "show only one section". Never mind, I'll investigate what I can do with grid format or accordian style.

Thanks again for your input.

Conor