(Kinda Urgent!) Some courses not showing after upgrade

(Kinda Urgent!) Some courses not showing after upgrade

by Darren Smith -
Number of replies: 2
Hello.

Just upgraded to 1.5+ and every seemed to go very smoothly except 1 thing:

I have at least 2 courses that are not displaying the week / topics. The blocks show across the whole screen, on top of each other but no topics sections.

The course is still there as I can access the resources and the like

I have tried adding weeks to see if the changes wake it up but no luck. I also tried replacing all of the files in the  courses folder with those from the 1.5 stable release but no luck here either.

Thoughts? Please dead

Attachment screenshot_01.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Darren Smith

Re: (Kinda Urgent!) Some courses not showing after upgrade

by Darren Smith -
Ah OK. My best guess is it's the recent activity block which is breaking it.

On the attached pic you will notice it is not drawn in a box like the other blocks. Also, anything that comes after the block is not drawn to the screen so, in this case, when editing is turned on I do not get a dropdown to add a block as that appears after the recent activity block. In the example posted above the recent activity was the second block which is why it stopped where it has.

Most courses appear to be working as I tend not to use that block.

Edit: hiding it allowed the courses to load as normal but there are still 199 courses that use it!

Edit2: Deleted the block properly and everything worked, re-downloaded it and re-installed it and everything seemed OK but when I added it to a course the problem came back! I wasn't expecting that mixed

Any ideas on what I need to do to fix it?
Thanks

Darren

Attachment 002.jpg
In reply to Darren Smith

Re: (Kinda Urgent!) Some courses not showing after upgrade

by Darren Smith -
Fixed. big grin

Mimetypes and echo-assignment

Let me know if anyone else struggles with this and I'll write up the solution

Darren