Embed Tag - I'm confused

Embed Tag - I'm confused

โดย Darren Smith -
Number of replies: 4
I would like to embed a swf file in a moodle webpage. If I link to it this works except it needs text for the link which I don't want.

Should I be using embed or the object tag?
Can somebody provide an example

Thanks a lot in advance,

Darren
การประเมินโดยเฉลี่ย: -
In reply to Darren Smith

Re: Embed Tag - I'm confused

โดย Stuart Mayor -
I also want to use the htmlArea editor to add flash files to pages.
Unfortunately, the Moodle multimedia plugin is not sufficient, as I need to be able to pass parameters to the flash file.
It would be nice if there was an extra button in htmlArea to add a flash file.

In answer to Darren's question,
Traditionally, the <object> tag was supported by IE and the <embed> tag was Netscape.
People have gotten around the problem by nesting the tags to cover all bases, like
<object .....>
    <embed .... />
</object>
Unfortunately, if you are using htmlArea, it seems to remove the <embed> tag from the code.
Internet Explorer 6 supports the <embed> tag, but the <object> tag was better as you could include information about what IE should do if it didn't have the appropriate pluging (ie. where to get it).
In reply to Stuart Mayor

Re: Embed Tag - I'm confused

โดย Helen Foster -
รูปภาพของCore developers รูปภาพของDocumentation writers รูปภาพของMoodle HQ รูปภาพของParticularly helpful Moodlers รูปภาพของPlugin developers รูปภาพของTesters รูปภาพของTranslators
Hi Stuart,

If you're using flashvars you can insert all the code in text mode. <embed> shouldn't be stripped out of content created by teachers (and admin), such as web pages.