Pasted images disappear from quiz. Help! (Atto problem?)

Pasted images disappear from quiz. Help! (Atto problem?)

by Peter Halverson -
Number of replies: 5

Hello...  I recently upgraded to moodle 2.7.1

Last night I made a quiz with many images pasted in.    (I did Command-V on my Mac to "paste")

This morning all the images are GONE!

In the attached file, I made and previewed a question.  The image is there.

Next I refresh the question...   The image is GONE! 

Is there a simple solution?  Please?

Peter Halverson

PS: Is this a Atto editor issue?  I think a big change from Moodle 2.4 to 2.7 was going away from TinyMCE editor.

Attachment Screen Shot 2014-09-18 at 12.19.30 PM.jpg
Attachment Screen Shot 2014-09-18 at 12.19.46 PM.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter Halverson

Re: Pasted images disappear from quiz. Help! (Atto problem?)

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

We need more information. Can you try:

• Right-click on the image and Choose inspect element, and see if that shows anything worthwhile.
  • Turn on Debugging. Right click on the image, and choose 'Open in new Tab' or something like that. See if that displays any error messages.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Peter Halverson -

Thanks for the suggestions...

Turning on debugging didn't generate any information when trying to load the question with image.

But right-clicking the image did give this interesting result:

webkit-fake-url://FA44AC43-F720-495A-A962-2B5AAE995C4B/image.tiff   is the address of the image and then Safari and Firefox complain that this is an invalid address. (Screenshot attached.)

---Peter

Attachment Screen Shot 2014-09-18 at 4.43.03 PM.jpg
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Peter Halverson -

Update:  A Google search for "webkit-fake-url" related problems uncovers suggestions that the problem is that when you "paste" an image into a web-based text editor, it "looks" like the image was inserted but actually it isn't.

This is confusing.  Perhaps what is happening is that the image appears to be there because of the browser's cache.

Whatever... it made for a very unpleasant surprise.

Peter Halverson

PS:  I seem to recall that in the TinyMCE editor,  pasting images actually did work, as long as they were small.  Like 100x100 pixel.  Am I remembering wrong?

In reply to Peter Halverson

by Mauno Korpelainen -

You can still use TinyMCE also in moodle 2.7. Default editor was changed to Atto but you can change editor from your user profile or you can change site default editor from site administration menu.

Works fine in TinyMCE.