Collapsed Topics - Rest Settings

Re: Collapsed Topics - Rest Settings

by Gareth J Barnard -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Richard,

Oh indeed not.  All ideas are welcome, but I hope you can see that I am wary of Collapsed Topics becoming over the top with more options and switches than the Space Shuttle.  The more things that are added the further away from the elegance of the original solution you become and the closer you are to separation of functionality into other modules that enhance the original solution.

For instance I have just added a new option to allow three different sizes of icon.

In my last post I stated the technical issues of implementing FontAwsome as a solution.  Yes it is a 'font-family' but what happens when you have two versions of the same font that implement the same font family on the same page?

If you or anybody want more icons of a different type then say, I'll happily consider adding them.

Quick fixes can be great for particular installations, but they are specific to the installation.  Even with outsourced hosted solutions you could still request that they use your particular fork of the code.

I have been working on Collapsed Topics since Moodle 1.8 so I hope that you understand that I have committed a reasonable amount of time to it and by nature would be protective of it.  I know you are in a difficult situation to change the source code, but the code is there for you in full for you to change if desired.

Gareth