Block disappearing

Re: Block disappearing

by Nikki Macfarlane -
Number of replies: 0
Thanks for the info Jan. Sorry, I was not very clear about what I needed.

I have corrected the problem with guests accessing the main menu items simply by removing the forums and other things from the main menu and creating my own html block called "main menu" that guests can access.

The chat function of not allowing in guests is working great.

I do not want to put the chats into a course on their own as their are global and accessible to all students across all courses, so I want them to show as upcoming events on every page, whether main page or a course page.

The problme I have is people able to access the chats without logging in at all. If they log in as a guest, it will block them. Butm if they simply click on chats from the main site menu without logging in it takes them straight to the chats. Is there a flag somewhere I can set that says if the person is not logged in, they are sent to the log in pages when they click on chat? This happens with the online users block great. The people who have not logged in cannot view old chat history but they can simply log in to the chat. Is there a line of code I could add to the chat module somewhere that would prevent non logged in users accesing the chats or this is a bug?

Thanks, Nikki